We’re happy to announce that, today, many people’s dream become a reality: Todoist and IFTTT (If This Then That) have integrated for the most awesome, automated task management experience, ever! Todoist and IFTTT integration has been a top request from our users and theirs. With this integration, you can bring even more power to your to-do list.
IFTTT is a popular service that lets users create powerful connections among various kinds of apps and services. Each connection is called an applet. Applets can be private, or you can share them with the rest of the IFTTT community (take a peek at some highly-ranked applets). Just sign-up with IFTTT to get started (it’s free!).
Visit Todoist’s IFTTT Channel to start creating applets, such as, “if I miss a call, then add a Todoist task to call back,” or “if I flag a YouTube video to watch later, then Todoist will create a task with the name and URL of that video,” or “if I add an event in Google Calendar, then create a Todoist task.” You’ll be able to link your Todoist account with IFTTT’s 140 different channels, including Pocket, Evernote, Facebook, Slack, Twitter, Fitbit and many more. The possibilities are nearly endless :)
Celebrate with a giveaway: This Pro Productivity Pack could be yours!
- A lifetime Todoist Premium subscription
- A free, one-hour productivity consulting session with the Productivityist himself, Mike Vardy (valued at $200)
- David Allen’s classic book– Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
- A limited edition Todoist T-shirt, shipped free to anywhere in the world
- This #GSD coffee mug (Box founder Aaron Levie’s favorite)
- An Aqua Notes notepad so that “no more great ideas go down the drain!”
How to enter:
To participate, all you have to do is:
- Create a new Todoist + IFTTT applet
- Share it on Twitter, Facebook or Google+ with the hashtag #TodoistIFTTT
Just like that you’ll be entered to win! We will randomly draw from everyone who correctly participates (you must currently be a Todoist user to win), and the contest will last until Thursday, November 6th, at 9:00pm ET. The winner will be announced here on our blog. We hope you enjoy this fantastic new Todoist and IFTTT integration and wish you the best of luck in the contest!
[Post Update: Friday, November, 7th, 2014] The winner of the Pro Productivity Pack is Ruy Aguilar! Ruy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your awesome prize. Thank you very much to everyone who participated and created new Todoist+IFTTT applets!